- Bylaws ensure association is led only by manufacturers
- Only manufacturers can be part of the association
- Selective advisory organizations partner with the association as service providers
- We communicate via a monthly meeting and newsletter
- We have developed close access to government officials, economic development agencies, workforce providers and other key community agencies as needed
We recognize that this may mean ‘breaking some molds’ or perceived ways of doing business. We have found that the robust manufacturing sector in the community – comprising nearly a third of area jobs and tax base – can benefit by more technically oriented services addressing current manufacturing practices and standards, increasingly skilled workforce requirements and a more comprehensive understanding of the availability of the varied products and services offered across our local manufacturing base. The Association is limited to manufacturers. The Board of Directors is served by an Advisory Support Group consisting of the Upper Tampa Bay Chamber, FloridaMakes, Pinellas County Department of Economic Development and Career Source Pinellas and Tampa Bay. These agencies assist in the organizational activities of the Association as well as provide access to technical assistance, grants, incentives and workforce recruitment services needed to best serve the manufacturing sector.